ab4d
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For those who didn't know

4 posters

Go down

For those who didn't know Empty Re: For those who didn't know

Post by crudewarrior 30/11/11, 10:30 pm

I have a corked thigh, which may take months to heal, but Leanne is a lot worse - broken collar bone, 4 broken ribs, lacerated liver. punctured lung, and chipped bone in her elbow. The Toowoomba hospital (to which she was airlifted by Careflight after the spill) discharged her the same night, saying she had a broken collar bone - they overlooked the ribs, lung and liver! (Add the F word here, multiple times as necessary.) The lacerated liver seems to be the one of most concern, as according to her doctor it could kill her if it bleeds again. She should never have been discharged from hospital - someone up in Toowoomba needs a good kick in the arse.

While Shannons wrangle over the bike, I'm not hopeful it will be back - they say that while the damage is mainly cosmetic and superficial, it is likely it may be written off. So looks like ol' Moby Dick may make a comeback - the payout from a write off won't cover another Harley, and Moby is reliable and comfortable, and never let me down.

Regardless of what the insurer decides, no bike for me until at least January or February it appears (unless they write it off and slide me some buckeroos very quickly), so I won't see anyone on any rides for quite a while. I will be at the Toy Run, but it will have to be in the Cougar, and the slow speed they run the event means I won't be able to follow the bikes in that - it would get too hot. Hope to catch up soon though.

Cheers
crudewarrior
crudewarrior

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2008-12-10

User Info
Type of bike you ride?: Harley Davidson Electraglide standard
Why Ride?: To meet like minded people

Back to top Go down

For those who didn't know Empty Amen

Post by Cheffie 16/11/11, 01:42 am

hooch wrote:Get well soon m8,(P.S thats why we don't ride harleys on the dirt m8 LOL)
heard yer mending well and a few of yer ragheads are getting licenses god help us all if barily able to drive a dodgem car FFS regards to you lady leanne if she's still talking to you?
Cheffie
Cheffie
Admin

Number of posts : 1059

User Info
Type of bike you ride?: Harley 08 streetbob
Why Ride?: To get out of doing chores around the house

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokey 15/11/11, 12:34 pm

Glad to hear you're both OK. If you wanna keep the bike, get the insurance to pay you out and keep the bike. If the police report blames the road condition, you can probably take action against the shire or main roads. Your pillion has a 3rd party claim, that's what you pay it for.Don't listen to a barrack room lawyer like me, talk to a brief.
Smokey
Smokey

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2010-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post by crudewarrior 14/11/11, 11:34 am

NOW you tell me lmao..... Seriously, it's the deplorable condition of the road that caused the spill, nothing else. Only travelling at 30-40 kays, and have ridden that road a number of times on Moby Dick without incident. Unless Harleys have some issues with that particularly over the Jappers (and Moby was no lightweight either). The police report on the incident blames the road entirely, which is cold comfort seeing as it seems likely the ol' Glide will be going to the big scrapheap in the sky. Cosmetic damage mainly, only the front fender and crash bars seem to have suffered damage, but I am told it may be a write off.... Sad RIP old mate, if that's the case - I loved that old tanker.

Well, we'll be back, whether on the repaired Glide or something else....
crudewarrior
crudewarrior

User Info

Back to top Go down

Post by hooch 14/11/11, 09:02 am

Get well soon m8,(P.S thats why we don't ride harleys on the dirt m8 LOL)

hooch

Number of posts : 241

User Info
Type of bike you ride?: Harley Streetbob

Back to top Go down

For those who didn't know Empty For those who didn't know

Post by crudewarrior 13/11/11, 07:54 pm

Came off the damn Harley yesterday near Tenterfield. Both myself and my pillion were carted off to hospital, Leanne by Medivac chopper. Both sore but ok.
crudewarrior
crudewarrior

User Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down