ab4d
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

email from hooch n graverobber

Go down

email from hooch n graverobber Empty email from hooch n graverobber

Post by Cheffie 09/07/11, 11:40 am

Looks to me like you spend most of the time drinking?
well done to you both looks like a good adventure
Hi All,

just thought we'd tell you all about our Fiji Holiday,(our 1st time overseas)Which was full of interesting observations.We stayed at the Naviti resort which is about 90mins bus ride from the Nadi airport,did i say bus ride i meant bus ride from hell.Imagine flying through a school zone with hundreds of kids lined up beside the road at 90klms an hour,while talking on your mobile with one hand and waving to the local copper with the other,then passing everything in front over double white lines and on blind corners while dodging the local,cows,dogs,horses and pigs on the road.what a ride.Just to let you know we got an all inclusive package ,which included airfares,transfers ,accomodation,all meals,and all alcohol.(Local,wine,beer,white rum,dark rum,wiskey,vodka & gin) Which brings me to interesting observation no!1,Not a good idea to try them all on the 1st day.On the 2nd day after recooperating from day 1 we thought we'd take it easy and relax at the swim up pool bar.then deb noticed an old fiji native climbing coconut trees and decided to investigate.apparently for a $2 fee he climbs a coconut tree and chops off a fresh coconut for you then he cuts the top off and cuts a hole in it and you have to drink half the coconut milk and then take it over to the pool bar where they fill it up with white rum which you then drink,just a note here the local fiji alcohol is not the same as ours it's around 80% proof.which brings me to interesting obsevation no!2,not a good idea to drink fijian white rum from a coconut after drinking wiskey all day.Day 3 saw us get back on the bus from hell and travel the 80klms or so to the Sigota town markets for a day of souvineer buying.sigota is a very untidy and dirty place and just a bit scary,because alot of the shops are down backalleys etc.which brings me to interesting observation no!3,not a good idea to drink Kava. one young fellow who was with us wandered down a dark alley where he was offered not 1 but 2 cups of the local fijian drink Kava.he spent the next 2 days losing it from both ends.One really good thing about sigota is i found a shop selling cans of jim beam for $3.00 and you can just walk around all day drinking them and the cops just smile at you,it might have something to do what one fella told me about how men with big beards scare the locals lol.Day 4 saw me risking my life again,4 of us men decide to go fishing with a local villager in his boat,I use the term boat very losely here.No safety gear,no paddles and a few hand lines saw us go way offshore past the outer reef where we kept disappearing between the waves.and for heavy sinkers we had 6 inch pieces of steel reinforcing rod.but somehow we still managed to catch 8 fish including 3 coral trout.then we spent the rest of the day snorkeling,kyacking and stuff like that.Day 5 was the best.deb and i caught the bus from hell to denarau,about 2 hours from our resort.this is where the marina is and where you start all the island tours.we got on board the island shuttle and got to visit southsea island,bounty island,and beachcomber island,while they dropped off and picked up passengers.Then we went over to mana island where we transfered from the shuttle to none other than the sailing boat the Seaspray.which you may remember from the movie "adventures of the seaspray"From there we went to Modriki island where tom hanks and Wilson made the movie "Castaway"what a blast seeing and remembering parts from the movie.then we went over to Yanuya island where we visited an authentic fiji village where the still live in the old ways .What an eye opener.then it was back to mana island and onto the shuttle for the trip back to denarau .then back on the bus from hell for the 2 hour trip back to our resort.we left the resort at 6.15 am and got back at 8.30 at night what a day.Day six we both woke up sick and spent the whole day recooperating,must have been something we ate.day 7 saw us back on the bus from hell for the 90min trip back to the airport around noon.which saw us get home just in time to watch the 2nd half of the origin match" QUEENSLANDER " All in all we had a great time and can't wait until the next one,where that will be only time will tell.
email from hooch n graverobber DSCN0189
email from hooch n graverobber DSCN0199
Cheffie
Cheffie
Admin

Number of posts : 1059
Registration date : 2008-12-10

User Info
Type of bike you ride?: Harley 08 streetbob
Why Ride?: To get out of doing chores around the house

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: